Thursday, May 3, 2012

Close to the end?

Well, I received a call from the principal last night.  We spoke for a while...  and I think/hope that we may have a clearer understanding between us.  One thing that was bothering me/us the most, is that we did not feel that there had been adequate resolution to the situation.  The resolutions that we were told of, did NOT fit the "crime".... and if there had been other resolutions, we were never told that something had been done (again, we did not need to know specifics).  But, low and behold, last night I was told that steps had been taken, but because the schools hands are tied due to privacy laws, they could not tell us what steps (that's fine, we just needed to know in general terms).  I hope that I was clear in stating to him that it is quite frustrating on this side of the "fence", especially when the lines of communication were so foggy.  

I also expressed frustration with the comments of me being "over the top", as well as the response to our request for the kids to be in separate classrooms next year... not a request for what classroom or a specific teacher... just separate rooms.  I hope he understood our frustration there as well.

So, let's all cross our fingers and hope that we don't hear one more smidgen of a complaint from my son or his friend!!  At this point, my son is experiencing headache's and belly aches almost every day.  Stress is a nasty thing!

My goal is to not feel the need to post ONE MORE THING on this blog, which would mean that all is well.  But, I will continue as long as these issues continue.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't trust the school. They are more interested in protecting themselves. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete